"Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial team. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn a commission."
Have you ever scrolled down the comment section of a youtube video on your favorite influencer’s youtube channel and seen someone comment “your hair looks really moisturized”? Oh, let’s not forget that they often end the comment with a heart emoji. Sweet.
Often times, these fancy influencers with properly moisturized hair can make you think about the state of yours.
Well, worry no more as we have discovered the secret to be shiny, silky, and glossy hair. The secret? Simply add one of the best hooded hair dryers to your hair care routine.
Our Hooded Hair Dryer Recommendations
If you are in a hurry to select a product, here’s a quick review of the products reviewed:
- Best Hair Dryer For Curly Hair: Conair 1875 Watt Pro Style Bonnet Hair Dryer. It is compact, adjustable, and is a good hair dryer for home.
- Best Hair Dryer For Deep Conditioning: Granteva Bonnet Hood Hair Dryer. Comes with a drawstring, has a soft bonnet, and is perfect for frizzy hair.
- Best Hair Dryer For Curly and African American Hair: Beaut’e Seoul Soft Bonnet Hooded Hair Dryer. Lightweight, soft bonnet, and great for damaged hair repair.
- Best Hair dryer for an Ultra Quiet Experience: Nova Micro Professional 1300W Adjustable Hooded Floor Hair Bonnet Dryer. Doesn’t make noise and is very easy to set up.
- Best Stand up dryer for Natural Hair: Pibbs 514 Kwik Dri 1100W Salon Dryer with Casters. Dries the hair fast, Natural hair-friendly, and a Heavy duty hair dryer.
- Best Hooded Stand up dryer for Multiple Hair Styles: Orion Motor Tech Professional Adjustable Hooded Stand-Up 110V Hair Bonnet Dryer. Great for coloring, dyeing, conditioning, heating, etc.
- Best Compact Hair Dryer for Fast Hand-free hair Drying: Revlon Ionic Hard Bonnet Hair Dryer. It gets really hot. Hence, it dries your hair fast. You just have to be careful so that it doesn’t burn your scalp.
- Best Stand up hooded dryer for Quality Salon experience: ZENY 1300W Adjustable Hood Floor Stand Bonnet Hair Dryer. Portable. Gives you the salon hair pampering experience in the comforts of your home.
- Best Stand up hair dryer for the Ionic feature: BaBylissPro Ionic Hard-Hat Dryer. Gets rid of frizziness quickly. It is also quiet.
- Best for Convenient Hair drying: Andis 80610 500-Watt Ionic Professional Bonnet Hair Dryer. It is portable and works for oil treatments.
- Best For All Types of Hair: Gold N Hot Professional 1200W Full Hood Dryer. Portable and aids multitasking. Comes with a one year warranty.
- Best For Locs, Braids out, Twists outs: Y-Not Professional Adjustable Hooded Stand Up Hair Bonnet Dryer. Allows moisture to sink into your multi-textured hair.
- Best For Different Hair Textures: HomGarden Professional 1300W Adjustable Bonnet Hair Dryer. Great for relaxed hair and natural hair. If your hair is color-treated, this dryer also works for you.
- Best For Thorough and Even Drying: Annie Hot & Hotter Extra Large 2500 Ceramic Ionic Hood Dryer. Graciously dries every part of your hair.
Reviews of the Best Hooded Dryers
1. Conair 1875 Watt Pro Style Bonnet Hair Dryer
Tired of going to the Salon for your hair care? Guess what, Conair has solved a bit of your hair styling problems with this hooded dryer. Let’s see if it’s the real deal or it’s just fluff.
First off, it comes with an adjustable feature. Even though it is a table hooded hair dryer, you can adjust it to fit your height.
And, your friends can come over to use it too without having to worry if their head would fit into it. Or, if it is too short or tall for them.
Simply adjust it to your suitable height and you’re good to go.
Also, it has two heating settings and has a heat level of 1875 watt.
|Hood Size||Extra Large|
- You can easily fold and store it.
- Adjustable height
- Deep conditions
- It makes a loud and disturbing noise.
2. Granteva Bonnet Hood Hair Dryer
As an African American beauty, you might be skeptical about drying your natural hair with hairdryers in general. The question of whether the heat they blast your hair with is safe or not is a valid one.
But good news: this hooded hair dryer was specifically created for your type of hair.
That is, this hair dryer is safe for you to use. Here’s why!
For starters, it has a soft bonnet that makes it safe to wrap around your head. It comes with hair dryer attachments like a drawstring that you can hang around your head. Although it might sound weird, it is very comfortable.
Also, it is an excellent addition to your deep conditioning treatment. Add your oil, rollers, wrap your bonnet around your head, and boom! You have the recipe to keep your hair hydrated and well deep conditioned.
|Hood Size||Flexible: fits small and big head|
|Portability||Yes, easy to fold|
- The material is waterproof.
- It is lightweight.
- Great for deep conditioning
- Dry fast and is efficient
- Not too great for long hairstyles like braids
3. Beaut’e Seoul Soft Bonnet Hooded Hair Dryer
No doubt! The black natural hair journey isn’t a child’s play at all. The struggles of maintaining and growing it can be emotionally and physically draining sometimes. But hey! Guess what? This portable hood dryer would simplify the journey for you.
All you need to simplify your seemingly complicated hair care process is this hair dryer, your harry josh pro tools, and your natural hair care products. Then boom! You’re good to go.
Newsflash: you don’t need to visit any hair salons frequently as this is a great hair dryer for home use.
The best part? You can engage in other tasks as you dry your hair. For example, you can Netflix and chill while your hair dries.
You can even munch on chips as you read through the pages of your favorite book. The choice is yours.
- Made with highly waterproof materials
- You can travel anywhere with it.
- Dries fast and is great for damaged hair and dreads
- It has a strap to go around your chin to hold it firmly on your head.
- Medium and high heat can get uncomfortable for you and burn your scalp.
4. Nova Micro Professional 1300W Adjustable Hooded Floor Hair Bonnet Dryer
So, are you in the middle of launching your salon and you are thinking of which stand up as a hair dryer to buy for your newly furnished salon? Great news: this hair dryer from Nova could be the right one for you. Let’s see why.
As one of the best stand-up hair dryers as it is a compelling option for your saloon. With its heat set at 1300watt, it works really well. The heating element is made of stainless steel.
But there is a catch.
This dryer isn’t portable at all. However, it compensates with the five caster wheel that allows you to move it around conveniently.
Also, it is very easy to assemble. The adjustable settings allow you to control how long the dryer runs for. The highest run time is 60 minutes.
All thanks to the ionic technology, your hair would lose moisture in the process of drying. Rather, you would have more moisturized hair after going under this dryer.
|Hood Size||Large with hood door|
- Flexible adjustable settings
- You can easily arrange it.
- Large enough for rollers
- Can be used to achieve specific results like hot-perm, conditioning, coloring, etc.
- The wheels do not lock.
5. Pibbs 514 Kwik Dri 1100W Salon Dryer with Casters
Natural hair girls, get in here. Here is a stand up hooded hair dryer for you. Say bye-bye to the days of having long hair dry times. More importantly, say hello to having faster hair dry time.
The first impressive feature that this dryer has is its ability to dry your hair in no less than 40 minutes. So, if you need a quick hair fix, this dryer would surely come through for you.
It has a sturdy base and a flexible height adjustment.
However, the air flows upwards. Hence, you might need Harry Josh hair clips to pin your hair down. You would enjoy using this hooded hair dryer with your hair restrained.
- Dries hair fast
- Has a timer and temperature control
- 1-year warranty
- The stand has five caster wheels that make it easy to move around.
- Can be really loud
6. Orion Motor Tech Professional Adjustable Hooded Stand-Up 110V Hair Bonnet Dryer
If your goal is to get a professional hair dryer that is suitable for most hairstyling duties, then this bonnet hair dryer is for you. Why? Keep reading!
With a stainless steel heating element, the heat is set at 1,000 watts, which is not bad for drying tasks. It is wise for you to keep the temperature control at 75 because it is not in Fahrenheit but Celsius.
Hence, the implication for fixing the temperature control higher than 75 is that you would get your scalp burnt.
A con with this hooded hair dryer is that the hood is a bit small. But, with the hood door raised, you can still fit your head in, especially if you have large rollers on.
Yes, the timer is quite large. It could give you a bit of a scare if you’re using it for the first time. But, it works quietly and without a disturbing sound.
|Brand||Orion Motor Tech|
|Hood Size||A bit small|
- It is a quiet hair dryer.
- Can do a lot of hairstyling with it
- Doesn’t take a lot of time to heat up
- Hood is a bit small but can be manipulated to satisfaction.
7. Revlon Ionic Hard Bonnet Hair Dryer
If you have long hair and need a quick fix, Revlon’s hard bonnet could just do the trick. Here’s why.
It releases hot air that facilitates fast drying. If you have long or shoulder-length hair, this hard bonnet hair dryer can still do the trick for you.
But, you might need to lift the edges of your hair for the air to touch it.
At high heat, it only takes 15 minutes to dry your hair. But, you have to be on the alert so that your scalp doesn’t get burnt in the process.
You can achieve that desirable hair shine with this hard bonnet hair dryer. You can also get rid of hair frizziness.
And of course, it is compact. Although you can’t travel on an airplane with you, you can take it along with you to a friend’s house for sleepovers.
Who knows, you and your girlfriends might decide to try hairstyling at the sleepover.
- Compact and portable
- Dries faster
- Large hood
- Perfect for different types of hairstyling
- Can burn your scalp of not monitored
8. ZENY 1300W Adjustable Hood Floor Stand Bonnet Hair Dryer
So, miss corona still hit the town, and your hair has clearly been missing that salon touch for apparent reason. I’ve got the perfect answer for you. And it’s this Ultra-quiet hair dryer from Zeny.
If you’ve been craving a hot perm, this dryer has got you covered. Not only that, but it also fulfills your hair drying and treatment needs.
And guess what? Your hair wouldn’t look and feel any different than it would when you visit the salon. In fact, it would seem as though you run a personal or mini hair salon in the comfort of your home.
|Hood Size||Not too wide|
- Easy setup
- Adjustable height
- Great for both home and salon use
- The bonnet is fixed, can’t be moved or adjusted.
9. BaByliss PRO Ionic Hard Hat Hair Dryer
No doubt, ionic technology is redefining the hairstyling game. It transforms your hair from a stubborn, frizz eaten hair to a softer, shinier texture that you will be pleased with.
You can groove to music while you dry your hair in the dryer. How? Simply connect your smartphone or MP3 player to the auxiliary input of this dryer and you’re good to go.
If you are a lover of music, you would appreciate this feature even more.
|Hood Size||Not too wide|
- Auxiliary input for music
- Anchor locks for the base and pole
- Airflow diffuser that can be adjusted
- Rustproof interior
- It has a huge base that might be inappropriate for a professional setting.
10. Andis 80610 500-Watt Ionic Professional Bonnet Hair Dryer
If you’re looking for a dryer that would deep conveniently condition your hair, then this dryer has got to be it. Although the heat capacity is 500 watt, there is so much more that it can do.
For starters, you can deep condition your hair within 15minutes, especially when it is set on high heat.
It is also portable and can be carried around in its storage case.
|Hood Size||Small and Tight|
- Convenient deep conditioning
- The cap might detach from the hose, especially when it falls.
11. Gold N Hot Professional 1200W Full Hood Dryer
Sitting underneath a hair dryer can be time-consuming. And, for women who love multitasking, it can be a painful experience. However, this hair dryer changes the game.
Now, with this hair dryer, you can multitask all you want. While you dry your hair, you can engage in any other activity you wish to engage in.
If you want to respond to your client’s mail, by all means, do that. If you’re going to watch the latest episode of your favorite series, you can do that too.
Also, this hair dryer is perfect for all types of hair. So, whatever your type of hair is, you can trust this dryer to give you desired results.
|Brand||Gold N Hot|
- Aids Multitasking
- Perfect for all types of hair
- Hood is large enough to accommodate any size of rollers.
12. Y-Not Professional Adjustable Hooded Stand Up Hair Bonnet Dryer
Sometimes, trying to get your multi-textured hair properly moisturized might be an issue.
And no, I’m not talking about the straight-haired queen who uses Harry Josh Pro Tools curling iron to achieve curls. Frankly, you can quickly moisturize your hair.
But, not naturally multi-textured queens. But guess what? This hair dryer solves all of your moisturizing problems.
With this hair dryer, hair dryness becomes history for you. You can now have a more moisturized natural and multi-textured hair.
- More than one heating option
- The stainless steel heating element makes it durable.
- Adjustable height
- Has a timer
- The timer is really loud and can be scary at first.
13. HomGarden Professional 1300W Adjustable Bonnet Hair Dryer
Whether you want to stay natural today and then switch it up by getting your hair relaxed, this hair dryer works fine for you.
Also, if you are transitioning from relaxed to natural hair, you don’t need to dispose or give out this hooded hair dryer for another one.
It has a tension knob that makes it easy for you to adjust the height to fulfill your needs.
And the heating element would last long as it is made of stainless steel.
|Hood Size||Large, with hood door|
- It is ultra quiet.
- The front visor can be adjusted.
- Flexible, especially with the tasks it can do.
- Dries well and fast.
- You have to pre-heat it for close to 40 minutes before using it.
14. Annie Hot & Hotter Extra Large 2500 Ceramic Ionic Hood Dryer
If you want a better way to evenly dry your hair that doesn’t involve using hot tools blow dryer brush, this hooded hair dryer is an option you should try.
With its super large hood, any head size can fit into it. So, if you prefer using large rollers, you won’t find it challenging to fit your head into it.
You can adjust the height to your taste. And, the ionic technology works just fine to reduce frizz in your hair.
|Brand||Annie International, Inc|
|Colour||Black and white|
- Adjustable to achieve thorough and even drying
- Has three heat options
- Easy to carry about as it comes with a carrying case
- Large hood
- The hold might break if not properly handled.
What is a Hooded Hair Dryer?
Hooded hair dryers are also called bonnet hair dryers. Perhaps, the reason they are so-called is that the dryer looks like a good or bonnet, primarily when it covers the hair as a hood or bonnet does. They also stand on their own. It is used to dry wet hair. Once your hair is wet, simply sit underneath the dryer and watch your hair dry in a few minutes.
With a hooded hair dryer, your hair would be much pampered. The reason? Hooded hair dryers help deep conditioners, and oil treatments sink deep into your hair while nourishing it graciously.
Hooded Hair Dryers vs. Conventional Hair Dryers
Hooded hair dryers and conventional hair dryers are quite different. The first noticeable difference is in how they look. While regular hair dryers have no hood, hooded hair dryers come with bonnets that swallow up your hair and deep condition it.
Aside from that, conventional hair dryers dry your hair with hot air. Truthfully, hot air could be dangerous for your hair and scalp.
However, hooded hair dryers have revolutionized the hair drying game. Rather than make use of hot air, hooded hair dryers deploy warm airwaves that protect your hair while drying it.
Another thing is that regular hair dryers are rested on your arm while drying your hair, whereas hooded hair dryers can stand on their own or be balanced on a table.
Advantages and Disadvantages of A Hooded Hair Dryer
Hooded hair dryers simplify the hair drying process, unlike blow dryers. Here’s what I mean: you don’t have to dry your hair manually with your hand.
Frankly speaking, with blow dryers, you have to ensure that it dries every corner of your hair manually.
This act, inevitably, causes your wrist to start aching. Hooded hair dryers, on the other hand, just needs you to sit underneath it, use the temperature control to set it to your preferred temperature.
Viola! Your hair dries without you moving a bone.
With the variants of hooded dryers that exist, you can travel anywhere you want to with a portable hooded bonnet. If your clients prefer home services, a portable hooded hair dryer will serve you well.
While it sounds so great that all you have to do is sit underneath a hooded hair dryer, it can be time-consuming.
Although some women (as shown in the movies) see it as an opportunity to sit, relax and read a book, magazine or chat with friends or random strangers at the salon, not every woman is up for that.
Some women might need a quick wash and dry before rushing out to an occasion or an event. But, sitting underneath a hooded dryer could eat into their time, making them run late for their occasion.
The solution? You will enjoy using a hooded hair dryer during weekends and on the days when your schedule is free.
Best Hooded Hair Dryers: Buying Guide
So, hooded hair dryers are gradually coming back into the hairstyling scenes. Undoubtedly, they are one of the fastest ways to style your hair. Also, if you are looking for a great deep conditioning treatment for your hair, you should absolutely snag yourself a hooded hair dryer.
However, if you’ll invest in this hair care luxury, you have to do it right. Don’t worry; we explore some of the factors to look out for when shopping for the best-hooded hair dryer for home or your salon. Let’s dig in!
Heat is a crucial factor to consider. The reason is simple: the heat determines how efficient the dryer is. Basically, the hair dryer heat is measured in terms of wattage. Hairdryer wattage usually starts from 1000 and ends at 3600.
Newsflash: hair dryers with higher wattages are often more efficient compared to others with lower wattage. However, you shouldn’t just go off into the market to get higher wattage hooded hair dryers for your hair.
First, determine the texture of your hair. Is it thick or thin? Long or short? Frizzy or Flat? A quick tip: hair dryers with lesser wattages are suitable for people with short, thin, or flat hair.
But if your hair is long, thick, or frizzy, then you should opt for a hairdryer with higher wattage.
What do the best hooded hair dryers all have in common? They all are the perfect size for the end-user. Before selecting that flashy hair dryer that caught your attention, ensure that it has enough room for your hair, especially if you love to curl your hair with rollers.
First of all, ensure that you will be able to fit your hair inside the dryer. Next, ensure that your head is not too close to the heating element. You don’t want to fry your scalp in the process now, do you?.
Here is another important feature of a hooded hair dryer. You should be able to adjust it to your satisfaction.
First, your hair dryer should have a height adjustment feature. The reason is simple. If you are into hairstyling, you would definitely host different customers in your Salon.
Height adjustment is crucial at this point for your customer. What if they are tall? What if they are short?. With a fixed and nonadjustable hair dryer, you might find it challenging to use it for different clients.
Yes, you use adjustable chairs, and you could just adjust the chair so that your tall or short client would be able to use your nonadjustable hair dryer.
But guess what, you would most likely experience some difficulty in the process. This difficulty would be eliminated by merely using adjustable professional hair dryers.
A side note: height adjustment is a feature that is crucial to all kinds of hair dryers, not only for professional hair dryers.
If you do provide home services to your clients or you travel a lot; you should consider this feature. Basically, if you often move from one location to another and you need your hairdryer to travel the world with you, a portable hood dryer would benefit you a lot. So, ensure that the hairdryer you are opting to buy is portable. It ensures that you can travel everywhere with it conveniently.
Using chemicals during your hair care process might not be good for the hood’s interior. Hence, you should consider the strength of the dryer’s interior before purchasing it.
Best Hooded Hair Dryers: FAQs
Conair 1875 Watt Pro Style bonnet hair dryer. It is also compact and can be adjusted to meet your need.
It’s the Conair 1875 watt pro style bonnet hair dryer. It is compact and can be adjusted to meet your need.
Nova Micro Professional 1300W adjustable hooded floor hair bonnet dryer. It comes with an ultra, quiet feature that makes the experience worthwhile. More information could be found on our other post titled quiet hair dryers.
Yes. Hooded dryers are good for natural hair. They have their benefits. Some include the fact that it aids balanced heat distribution for natural hair. Heat distribution needs to be balanced when drying natural hair so that it won’t completely dry out, losing moisture in the process.
We’ve also written a post dedicated to black hair – best flat irons for black hair.
If you are paranoid about hair dryers being used to dry your natural hair, there are other DIY methods to drying your hair. They include squeezing your hair with a towel, applying conditioner, coming to your hair with a microfiber brush, drying your hair in the sun, and only using a comb with a wide-tooth. You would save your hair from breaking.
Best Hooded Hair Dryers: Conclusion
Now you know that having a bonnet hair dryer in your house is crucial for having healthy hair. It entirely changes your deep conditioning game, giving your hair a more flawless and frizz-free look.
Remember: you don’t need to run a salon or go to the salon to get your hair properly moisturized. All you just need to do is add one of these hair dryers to your hair routine to achieve excellent results flawlessly.